Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Lookin Up At The Stars

Do you ever gaze up at the stars at night? I’m sure all of us have. As I look up into the sky, I am amazed at what I see. Not only is it beautiful, it is massive. We live in an incredibly large Universe. It is estimated to be as much as 20 billion light-years in diameter. There are an estimated 350,000,000,000 galaxies in the Universe. The Milky Way galaxy in which we live contains over 100 billion stars, and is so large that even traveling at the speed of light would require 100,000 years to cross it. Without a doubt, this is a rather impressive Universe. And to think, the God of Heaven created it all by simply speaking it into existence! What power! I am humbled by the thought of how small I am, when I contrast myself with the majesty of God. At the same time I am struck by how much God cares and loves me. I mean think about it, God created the sun, moon, stars and all that I see, for His greatest and most beloved creation, mankind. God made all the stars in the universe, He made the beautiful waterfalls of Yosemite, the breathtaking mountains of the Rockies and the hills and hollers of Tennessee…And He loves me more than all of these. He loves me so much that He chose to watch His only begotten Son mocked…mutilated…murdered for sins He did not commit, than to see me get what I deserve. He loves me so much He wants me to live with Him forever. WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment